David Reasoner Named Golf Professional of the Year & Merchandiser of Year for Private facilities; Mike Adams Honored as Teacher of the Year for 3rd Consecutive Year
PISCATAWAY, N.J., October 1, 2015…The New Jersey Section of the PGA of America (NJPGA) today announced its 2015 annual award recipients, led by David Reasoner, PGA Head Professional at The Ridgewood Country Club, who was recognized as the 2015 NJPGA Golf Professional of the Year, as well as the Merchandiser of the Year for private facilities. Golf Professional of the Year is the highest annual honor given to a NJPGA professional, and is awarded based on attributes such as leadership, integrity and a substantial record of service to the PGA and the game of golf.
Additionally, Mike Adams, Director of Instruction at Hamilton Farm Golf Club was named NJPGA Teacher of the Year for the 3rd consecutive year. One of the finest teachers in the USA, Adams is annually recognized by Golf Digest as a Top 50 instructor and Golf Magazine as a Top 100 teacher. Moreover, Kevin Beirne, PGA Head Professional at Eagle Ridge Golf Club captured multiple awards, receiving the Player Development award for the 2nd consecutive year, while also being recognized as the Merchandiser of the Year for public facilities.
Reasoner, Adams and Beirne highlight an esteemed group of PGA Professionals who were recognized as 2015 New Jersey PGA Section Special Award winners. The following award winners will be recognized at the annual Celebration of Golf dinner on Thursday, October 22nd, at Crestmont Country Club and at the New Jersey PGA Fall Meeting on Monday, October 26th, at Fiddler’s Elbow Country Club:
- Golf Professional of the Year: David Reasoner, The Ridgewood Country Club, Paramus
- Teacher of the Year: Mike Adams, Hamilton Farm Golf Club, Gladstone
- Horton Smith Award: Bryan Jones, Black Oak Golf Club, Long Valley
- Bill Strausbaugh Award: George Dietz, Canoe Brook Country Club, Summit
- Merchandiser of the Year: Private Facilities: David Reasoner, The Ridgewood Country Club, Paramus
- Merchandiser of the Year: Public Facilities: Kevin Beirne, Eagle Ridge Golf Club, Lakewood
- Player Development Award: Kevin Beirne, Eagle Ridge Golf Club, Lakewood
- Youth Player Development Award: Brian Dobbie, Montclair Golf Club, West Orange
- Patriot Award: Bill King, Spring Lake Golf Club, Spring Lake
- Assistant Golf Professional of the Year: Matt McKeon, Spring Lake Golf Club, Spring Lake
- Club of the Year: Canoe Brook Country Club, Summit
- Salesperson of the Year: Carl Montanye, Adidas/Ashworth
The NJPGA Section award recipients were announced on the heels of the Section being honored as the National Herb Graffis award winner for 2015, which is presented annually to a PGA Section that shows extraordinary and exemplary contributions in player development and growth of the game programming. This marked the 2nd time (2012 winner) in four years the NJPGA has received the prestigious national award. To complement the section recognition, Bill Castner, a Master Professional and the PGA Head Professional at the Plainfield West 9 Golf Club, in Edison, New Jersey, was the recipient of the 2015 National Youth Player Development Award, an honor that recognizes a Professional who has displayed extraordinary and exemplary contribution and achievement in the area of youth player development in golf.
For more information on the NJPGA annual awards and the award winners, please visithttp://newjersey.pga.com/.
Since its founding in 1916, The PGA of America has maintained a twofold mission: to establish and elevate the standards of the profession and to grow interest and participation in the game of golf. The NJPGA is one of 41 geographic sections throughout the country and has been in operation since 1925. In 2012 and 2015, the NJPGA was the recipient of the Herb Graffis Award, presented annually to a PGA Section that shows extraordinary or exemplary contributions in player development and growth of the game programming. For more information on the NJPGA please visit http://newjersey.pga.com/.