- 1 ready-made 12-inch-diameter thin pizza crust
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 cup thin green or red pepper strips
- 1 cup cooked chicken, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup bottled barbecue sauce
- 1 cup shredded part-skim, low-moisture mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Heat oil in a frying pan and add onion and pepper strips. Fry over medium heat until soft, adding a little water instead of more oil if onion and pepper start to burn.
Add chicken and barbecue sauce. Stir and remove from heat. Place ready-made crust on cookie sheet. Spread chicken, onion, and pepper mix evenly on crust. Top with mozzarella. Bake for 10 minutes, watching carefully that cheese doesn’t brown too much.
Makes eight slices
Each slice contains about 220 calories, 26 g protein, 7 g fat, 23 mg cholesterol, 26 g carbohydrates, 1 g fiber, and 469 mg sodium.
This recipe is gout-friendly because it contains food moderate in purines.