Enjoy the Golf Season with this Healthy Recipe to Help You Stay in Shape
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For the Salad
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice, from one lemon
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5oz bag or container Baby Kale or Kale/Dark Greens Mix
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmigiano‐Regianno
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place the chickpeas on the prepared baking sheet and toss with the olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 10‐12 minutes, stirring once, until the chickpeas are slightly shrunken and crispy. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt & pepper. Add the greens & toss until evenly coated. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Arrange on plates & top with Parmigiano‐Regianno shavings and crispy roasted chickpeas.
Recipe courtesy of TroonFit